Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day Parade

I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday, and the absolute best part was the surprise parade that my husband, Dave, and daughter, Laurel, planned for me.

A while after we'd nearly finished a panful of grilled shrimp, chicken, and veggies (that looked like this--yum!)
the mothers were told to congregate on the front porch to wait for a surprise, so June, her mom, my mom, and I went to the porch. This is what we saw:

And this is what we heard:




So we joined them!

It was such a beautiful day for a walk. Our streets were resurfaced last week, so the asphalt was nice and smooth. The music that Dave had on his Bluetooth speaker tucked in the wagon lent a festive air. The two dozen cans strung together rattled behind the wagon, and if they didn't make enough noise, someone was ringing a cowbell. (Because, if you know me, you know I like to ring cowbells!)


And Rose loved it! She was grinning from ear to ear, and moving to the music. She knew this was really a Rose parade. Occasionally she would grab a balloon and try to bite it, I was hoping it wouldn't explode in her face, but it didn't.



As we walked through Benjamin Hills, we waved to people who were wondering what the commotion was about. We saw our friend Angie (not pictured, darn it) and wished her a happy Mother's Day and marveled at her son Indy's amazing flips on his trampoline. Then we stopped to deliver a handmade sign for another favorite mom and mom-to-be:


So all-in-all, it was a great idea and so much fun. I think we'll have to do it next year too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I also work full time with our business, Franklin Lawn Service. My husband, David, and I met as students at Tabor College and we have been married for almost 20 years. We have three great kids, Caleb, Harrison, and Laurel.