Monday, May 11, 2020

606

I woke up at 6:06 a.m. For ones growing up in the Mennonite tradition, 606 is the number in the hymn book of the "new" version of "Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow." I think extra sheets were physically taped into the current hymnbooks after the last song, 605. I can't be sure, because this was from the General Conference, and I grew up in the Mennonite Brethern, so we had different hymnbooks. But I digress. . .
So when I woke up at 6:06 a.m., I immediately thought, "Praise God, from whom all Blessings flow."
So I am praising God for my home that Dave and I returned to after 26 days away.
I am praising God for David Franklin, my husband, my travel planner, driver, and companion.
I am praising God for his amazing might in creating the mountains, gargantuan boulders, endless ocean waters, impossibly tall redwoods, and sandy beaches.
I am praising God that I live in a country where we can so easily drive to see these amazing places, and drive through these amazing places. (Some of the roads along the coast were crazy, but they all were in pretty good shape, and the mudslide damage from two years ago is repaired).
I am praising God that we were able to see dear family members that we hadn't seen for far too long.
And I am praising God that I get to spend the day with my granddaughter Rose today, I have missed her sweet face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I also work full time with our business, Franklin Lawn Service. My husband, David, and I met as students at Tabor College and we have been married for almost 20 years. We have three great kids, Caleb, Harrison, and Laurel.