Saturday, June 19, 2010

Trash Talkin'

I considered writing about how I found a dead bird while mowing, and how when I picked it up (with a large sycamore leaf over it, so I wouldn't actually touch it) I noticed stuff falling off of it--maggots. And the bird nearly fell apart before I reached the trash can.
Then I remembered my husband's class reunion. There was a guy who only had one topic--his work. And unfortunately, he was in waste management. As the weekend wore on, I heard some people saying, "Let's not talk to him, he's always talking trash."
So, before I risk people saying I'm always talking grass, I'll move on to other topics. Like melons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I also work full time with our business, Franklin Lawn Service. My husband, David, and I met as students at Tabor College and we have been married for almost 20 years. We have three great kids, Caleb, Harrison, and Laurel.