Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dirty Jobs

OK, I've said some really nice things about my job as 1st assistant in our family business, Franklin Lawn Service. Here's the dark side. . .
Last week I was using the string trimmer to knock down some weeds in back of a shed. The weeds were huge, noxious pasture weeds, really juicy--and they come back every week. I've suggested to our customer that RoundUp or GroundClear would be a better solution, but so far nothing's happened. So I'm clearing out this week's growth, spraying green weed guts all over when I run into a pile of fresh doggy doo. The expression "the shit hit the fan" could just as easily be "the shit hit the weed eater." At any rate, the results were the same. Luckily, I always wear safety glasses. Instinctively I wiped my face and smeared doggy doo all over my cheek and hand. Probably my nose too, because it smelled awful. Nearly walked off the job. I shouldn't have to put up with that shit.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a crappy deal to me. Next time have the boys trim the rough stuff....that's what boys are for! It kinda makes you wonder why Scooby Doo was that particular shade of brown.... "For all that you do, Spreader of the Doggy Doo....this Bud's for you!"

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I also work full time with our business, Franklin Lawn Service. My husband, David, and I met as students at Tabor College and we have been married for almost 20 years. We have three great kids, Caleb, Harrison, and Laurel.