Monday, July 12, 2010

Shoe Girls


I received a compliment on my new shoes after church yesterday (thanks, Jennifer) but I really can't take the credit.

I was shopping for a new dress. My daughter, Laurel, checked out the shoe section. She returned teetering on brown wedges, begging for me to buy them for her.

"Laurel, you're only nine, you can't wear shoes that high," I told her. I looked at them again, noticing the cute jute-covered heel and fun ruffles down the front. "You can't wear them . . . but I can."

She wasn't happy with me when I found the coveted shoes in my size, paid for them and walked out with the box under my arm. But I've promised she can wear them when they fit her, and she's only a size or two away.

Last summer I was wanting a pair of basic black sandals. I took Laurel shopping with me and ended up with snakeskin sandals, also with a wedge heel. I love those too. And every time I wear them I think, "That's what happens when I go shoe shopping with Laurel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I also work full time with our business, Franklin Lawn Service. My husband, David, and I met as students at Tabor College and we have been married for almost 20 years. We have three great kids, Caleb, Harrison, and Laurel.