Saturday, May 19, 2018

Girl Power



Franklin Lawn Service has a returning employee! We are happy to have a skilled worker, and I am thrilled because I will have Mondays off. Yeah for Mom!

Three years ago our daughter, Laurel, worked with Dave and me in our business. At that time our son, Harrison, was also on the crew. I can't even remember how much she worked, I think we had sort of a staggered schedule. Our oldest son, Caleb, was in tech school. She did a good job.

However, when she became old enough to lifeguard (15), she followed the siren song of the water and spent the next two summers at the Twin River Club. She enjoyed teaching swimming lessons and directing the synchronized swimming show.

But college is looming (Emporia State, planning to major in pre-art therapy) and so are the bills, so she made the smart decision to earn as much as possible this summer. She has to put up with working all day with her parents, but hey, a job is a job.

I appreciate having a female around, especially when things like flying tennis balls hit me in tender places (see previous blog). Dave, on the mower, was unaware that anything even happened, but Laurel came over to me and said, "Mom, are you all right? Why don't you just take a minute? I'll finish trimming this yard."

It's going to be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I also work full time with our business, Franklin Lawn Service. My husband, David, and I met as students at Tabor College and we have been married for almost 20 years. We have three great kids, Caleb, Harrison, and Laurel.