Friday, March 11, 2011

Which is Andy?

Now that the high school wrestling season is officially over, and we've had our awards banquet and everything, I have to tell on Coach Johnston. Here he is at the state tournament, wearing his ring from his glory days when Bishop Carrol won state.

They'd nearly finished the first round of wrestling, so he came to the stands to tell the wrestlers to get ready to warm up on the mats. Dave and I were sitting near the first row when I felt Coach pat the back of my head.
I turned around, wondering why he wanted my attention.
"Oh, I thought you were Suriano," he said, clearly embarassed.
This is Andy Suriano, the wrestler.
I've heard Andy is well-known around North for his long hair, and all the girls think he's cute.
But my question is, who was slighted the most?
Me, because although I had flat ironed and styled my hair that morning, it was still compared to a teenage boy's AFTER HE WAS ALL SWEATY FROM WRESTLING.

Or Andy, who was mistaken for a 42-year-old MOM.
Poor Coach Johnston. There's no graceful way out of this one.
So which is Andy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I also work full time with our business, Franklin Lawn Service. My husband, David, and I met as students at Tabor College and we have been married for almost 20 years. We have three great kids, Caleb, Harrison, and Laurel.